I can’t help it: I like linkups, especially when I get a topic that makes me go, “Oooo, OK!”
Today I’m linked up with The Good Life, and you get to read about my summer highlights.
In no particular order:
2. Traverse City with the beau. I would happily do that as a long weekend every summer. The best part: the state park. Hiking, beaches, townie biker bar with pizza. Yes, yes, and yesssss.
3. Bachelorette party in Indy. In November, I’m playing bridesmaid in Phoenix, and all the gals gathered from something like five different states to celebrate my friend Amanda.
4. My parents came to visit me over July 4! That never happens. On the trip, they met the beau’s parents. Ooooh, fancy, I know! AND Joey behaved. Win/win!
5. As my parents were packing up to leave, Amanda (the bachelorette) walked in. She kept me from getting too weepy when the folks left, and we got to being girly and hang out by the pool. My friends live pretty much everywhere but where I am, so when I get to see them, it’s always my favorite.
6. New York to see Lindsay. I hadn’t seen her in something like two years, and it was the easiest trip of my life. Totally last minute with a ridiculously reasonably priced plane ticket. We shopped, we ate, we Coney Island’d.
7. Helping with Steph’s grad party in Cinci. I babysat for this family starting when I was 12, and now the parents and kids are the family I get to choose. Steph is No. 3 of four to graduate high school. I always help Mitzi (Steph’s mom) with the parties. At this one, one of my besties Brett came too. The crazy stuff was remembering when he was at MY high school graduation 10 years earlier … and Steph was there, and she was 8.
8. Steph came to visit me this summer, too. It was, I think, the first time she good a lil road trip solo. That was a super sweet visit.
That’s only eight, but considering all the ground and people I covered, I’m satisfied leaving it at that.