It was a fantastic weekend (heck, it still is — it’s barely after 3 on Sunday afternoon). This is why:
- I hit up the Johnny Appleseed festival yesterday. It’s my favorite festival in town: lots of good food and good vendors. Everyone and everything is in period garb. Granted, it’s totally the wrong period, opting for more Renaissance-fair type of stuff, which is about 200 years before Johnny Appleseed’s time (and I swear I saw a guy in a kilt), but whatevs. It’s fun.
- Before the festival, the beau and I wandered some garage sales, ’cause that’s how we do. I saw this outstanding three-shelf dealie with glass doors for $20. I called him over. “Do I want this? Where do I put it?” The beau, being fantastic, said, “You’ll find a place for it.” After I bought it, he told me, “If you didn’t get it, I was going to.” Seriously, how many people would have said, “You’re right. You have no place for it. I, however, do. Nyah nuh nyah nuh boo boo.” It is full of my books that I haven’t read yet. And I LOVE how it looks. This is exactly how I imagine my house looking one day. Ya know, when I get a house.
- I found a fantastic Donald at an antique mall in town. This place is notoriously majorly overpriced, but this little dude was a steal at $10 .. and then I found out he was 20 percent off. Win!
- We made it to the drive in! The beau and I didn’t think we were going to make it because his aunts were in town, and we wanted to go to dinner with them. His parents live 25 minutes one way of town; the drive-in is 40 minutes away on the OTHER side of town. And yet … we totally made it. When we got there, we figured out that there are only two more showings left in the season, so yay for us!
- I finally got the Mother’s Bracelet up in the shop. I made this for the beau’s sister-in-law, who just had her third daughter. What a happy coincidence that all three girls were born in months in the same color scheme — isn’t it pretty??
- And, keeping in line with stuff in the shop, I finally got some new chunky bracelets up, AND the discounted gift certificate — spend $12, but get $22 for Jaclyn1423 shopping.
Hope you had a fantastic weekend, too! What were you up to?
And because he’s so awesome, here’s another Donald ❤ ❤ ❤
I’m linked up for the Miss Elaine-ous Monday at The Miss Elaine-ous Life — check out the other links!