When I first started to blog, I marveled at the bloggers who went on about the wonderful people they’d met through blogging. How on earth can you befriend a stranger through the interwebs?
Now I know: Silly me! I’ve met some incredible ladies through Snap, Crackle, Pop and one of my favorites is Leonora, of Yellow Heart Art, both the Etsy shop and the blog. She’s a riot (check our her vlogs and tell me you wouldn’t like to have a margarita on the rocks with a salt rim with her), and she’s uber talented. What’s amazing is how she incorporates that fun-filled personality into her talent. Case-in-point: my fav goodie in her shop:
Meet her, won’t you?
It’s a typical Thursday at 1.30 p.m. What are you likely doing? Gaaah I am soooo boring on a Thursday afternoon! I am sitting at my desk at my lame-o corporate graphic design job hoping that the next 3 1/2 hours will somehow miraculously fly by so it can be 5 p.m. I am still working on perfecting my time traveling machine — stay tuned. Also, if you have Doc’s number, can ya hook a sistah up? Would love to test out his Delorean.
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? Do hats count? Cause I love my big floppy navy blue and white stripped hat. It makes me feel like royalty — even though I bought it at TJ Maxx for, like, nine bucks. Pretty sure if the royals weren’t in the public eye, they’d be fighting me for my $9 hat. Watch it, Kate.
What’s your go-to movie, the one that you can just pop in or pick up on a lazy day to make you smile. OK, don’t hate, but I am a total sucker for ’90s teen drama Dawson’s Creek. I need my fill of Pacey Witter, guys.
What’s one thing you’d change about yourself if you could? I wish I had the ability to fly — then I would save money on gas & car payments. It would also make a great ice break at parties. “Hey, wanna see something totally rad that I can do?”
- Would you believe that I literally had to walk away from this question, like, eight times because I could not for the life of me come up with any celebrity?! Not to sound hooky, but I would want to sit next to my boyfriend. He is in the military and has been deployed two times out of the three years we have been dating, and I cherish all the time I get to spend with him ❤
- As far as books and magazines, I would totally have a million “Lucky’s” on me. I LOOOVE their fashion like WHOASIES.
- Daymn if I’m going on a flight for 24 hours straight I better not be back where I started HA! (Imagine?) I would love love love to go to Tahiti. My brother went on his honeymoon and said it was GOR to the GEOUS.
Your shop is uhhhhmazing. Totally fantastic. I love your aesthetic and humor. Now … pimp your shop! If you guys go and check out my lil corner of art on Etsy, I promise at least one of my sayings will make ya go “HEEEEY, I’ve thought that too!” One of my favorite ones is “I love you so much I’m willing to make silly faces in public just to see you smile.” I’m not into gushy mushy romance. I try to keep it light, quirky and fun ❤
Now, would YOU like to win $10 to spend in her shop? Leonora is giving one lucky Snap, Crackle, Pop winner the gift card, just ’cause she’s awesome like that.
Here are the deets:
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (sorry, worldwide readers!!)
- You must use this store credit within one month of receiving it.
- Giveaway ends July 27 and doesn’t include custom prints.
- You must follow the Yellow Heart Art and Snap, Crackle, Pop blogs. She has Google Friend Connect, but my format doesn’t like that widget — sign up for e-mail alerts or just add my URL to whichever aggregate you use. Leave one comment saying you’ve done both of these things.
REALLY want to win? Here are ways to get some extra entries. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry:
- Like Yellow Heart Art AND Jaclyn1423 on Facebook for one entry.
- Follow Yellow Heart Art AND Jaclyn1423 on Twitter for one entry.
- Heart Yellow Heart Art AND Jaclyn1423 on Etsy for one entry.
- Tweet about the giveaway. Feel free to use this:
Get to know @yellowheartart AND win $10 to her shop over at @Jaclyn1423’s blog http://wp.me/pv0FQ-ND