This edition of Read It covers everything from patriotism to some decor improvements to sticking it to Starbucks and what on earth happens when your kids accidentally see some, um, non-kid friendly programming.
- Best way to jazz up a dresser EVER — Now, I still like my dressers. They’re maybe four years old, from Ikea, and pretty! So I don’t want to do this yet. But in five years when the dressers are pushing a decade and I’m sick of them? YES. Apartment Therapy says: Wallpaper the drawers. ((cue mind explosions of brilliance))
- Kid friendly, schmid friendly (hm, sounds Jewish) — This made me laugh aloud. Now tell me you didn’t know where Buried with Children was going with this. Doesn’t matter. Still hilarious.
- Brilliant. However … — I can’t decide if I think this is unethical, but I still find myself wanting to try Yes, Teacher!’s Starbucks suggestion.
- Oh my gorgeousness — Scroll though this post far enough so you can see the incredible way young house love discovered of displaying jewelry (courtesy of Jen over at Homemade by Jen).
- My country tis of thee — I don’t see the patriotism in waving a flag. The flag is a symbol, and I think it’s all-too-easy to fly that flag and then not do anything at all that implies you love your country. The Inquisitive Mom gets it.
Don’t forget: The UPrinting.com giveaway ends July 6. You can win 250 custom stickers, perfect for packaging for your small business. And, oh yeah, it’s a $40 value. Not too shabby. Hop over and enter!