Over the weekend, the fabulous Valli over at The Eminent Stylings of Tenacious V gave me a blogging award: The Versatile Blogger!
Thanks so much, Valli! I worry sometimes that I bore readers with all my jewelry stuff, and I’ve tried to switch it up lately with more About Me stuff, and then there’s always the autism goodness. Mucho appreciated!
Along with the award comes the following to-do list:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. (Snap, Crackle, Pop says: Check! Just click on the above link.)
- Tell us seven things about yourself.
- Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers. (Snap, Crackle, Pop says: This seems silly. This is a versatile blogger award, not a new blogger award! So I’m awarding 15 [or fewer] versatile bloggers! I wonder if the bloggy police will come find me?)
- Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received their award.
First thing’s first: Seven things about moi:
- I have all four of my grandparents and am constantly freaked out about which one I’ll lose first. I’m terrified that they’ll all go at the same time and make my head explode.
- I think red and green peppers taste like ick.
- The jewelry I make isn’t very much like the jewelry I wear. In Jaclyn1423, the stuff is very bright and fun. The stuff I wear is more subdued — less stones, more metals. I want to learn to play with fire and hammering silver and such eventually. Until then, I’ll continue to make stuff I find pretty but not necessarily stuff I’d find in my own jewelry box. (Do any other jewelry makers do this?)
- I can raise my eyebrows independently of one another.
- Between now and the end of August, I have the following travel requirements: a graduation party near Cinci, a wedding in Chicago, a bachelorette party/bridal shower in Indy, a craft fair near Cleveland, a long weekend with the beau and his cousins in eastern Ohio, and either a 90th birthday party near Chicago or a 10-year high school reunion near Cinci. Is it possible to be simultaneously excited and exhausted by all of that?
- I’m currently laying on the couch on a heating pad because I hurt my back/neck somehow over the weekend. It’s in the same place from when I was gimpy a few weeks ago after the strenuous exercise of, oh yes, towel-drying my hair.
- I can quack similar to Donald. Not exactly like, because that voice is done in the throat. But I do a decent approximation with my cheek.
Now, I’m supposed to award 15 bloggers about this. Yikes, that’s a lot. We’ll see how many I find versatile, while not double-dipping over in Valli’s list (or in Meghan’s Phase Three of Life’s list — the friend who awarded Valli HER award).
- My friend Dana. Yes, she’s like a blog by herself: She’s so versatile that she at one point had EIGHT blogs going at once. She recently deleted five and is still left with three. I’ll link up with my favorite one, Painting Faith. Now, she hardly ever posts — it’s kind of like, something will strike her fancy and she’ll be all bloggalicious one day, and then go “Meh, I’m over it” the next. That being said, she’s always been one of my favorite writers to read.
- Moorea Seal. Proof of versatility: Her last three posts were about fashion, a Q&A with a sponsor and a short film. I also really love her posts about her Etsy shop, which is full of amazingness, and her recent posts on bullying.
- Lindsay at Aisle to Aloha. I always end up feeling so cheery when I read Lindsay’s blog. She has an incredible aesthetic. Proof of versatility: Recent posts include weekend photos, little things that make her happy and a blog sponsor Q&A.
- Jayme at The Random Blogette. As her blog title may indicate, Jayme can be all over the place. Consider: A guest post, a company profile and body image post and a family life post.
- Tara at fabulous but evil. Tara keeps it short and sweet with such a twist of, well, fabulous’ity. Recent posts: Re-planning her wedding, top three fears and a Target wishlist.
- Lauren at The Elephant’s Trunk. I first “met” Lauren when I sponsored her blog a few months back, and hers is one of my favorite blogs to read. Versatility proof: Recent posts include a recipe, a candle how-to and and I-love-wine guest post.
This was actually kind of hard. Some of my favorite bloggers are really wonderful about staying on topic, focusing solely about day-to-day life or fashion or crafts. That being said, all those versatile bloggers rock! And I know there are only six instead of 15 but you know what? I think that’s enough!
Happy reading, all!