I feel like, as of late, I’ve seen some really cheesy, terrible Etsy shop names. Now, I know “Jaclyn1423” is boring as balls, but it’s also pretty obvious that it started for a shopper who morphed into a seller. With the names I’m thinking, it’s clear they were thought of specifically for an Etsy shop to be, I dunno, deep and creative and interesting.
I find myself thinking of great names the way some people think up (and list — I see you, Amanda) band names, and I find myself especially appreciating awesome names.
Some of my favorites:
- Cotton Lane — It sounds soft and friendly. And pretty. I wouldn’t mind taking a walk down Cotton Lane.
- wit & whistle — Sometimes, two words sound simply lovely together.
- once again sam — I read this and think, “Play it again, Sam,” and that makes me smile. I almost think this should be a vintage shop, but I know most of the leather she uses are scraps. Yay for recycling.
- tweak jewels — So effing cute. Like an innocent little girl with her fingers crossed behind her back.
- a wild tonic — Yes. Just … yes.
- Passé Nouveau Vintage — It’s perfect. The tone, the meaning, the way it sounds when said aloud.