I haven’t done a compilation of Must Read blog posts in a while, but I found two such fabulous ones (the first two) yesterday that I had to bring it back, and I had no trouble at all finding more to flesh the post out.
- Repurposing art — I can’t get over how amazing Amy made these once-plain little shadow boxes. I am itching to try this technique from Ponder & Stitch.
- I need this rock/paper/scissors print — The Easter joke over at Two Normal Moms is adorable, but that rant on rock/paper/scissors? Oh man, I want to hang this on my wall surrounded by my rock/paper/scissors necklaces and bracelets.
- The lighter side of depression — Hyperbole and a Half is consistently one of the funniest blogs, oh, ever. (If you’re unfamiliar with it, set aside a a day and read EVERYTHING. Or at least the posts highlighted along the right-hand side of the blog.) But it’s so rarely updated anymore that I find myself reading past posts as if they’re new. Well, this one from October was new to me yesterday, and I found myself amazed at how deftly it addressed the topic of depression. Even with the hilarious Paintbrush cartoons, the post is poignant.
- I covet this dress — AHHHH, look at Jessica’s new dress! Sometimes What I Wore will delve into outfits I’d never try (and I’d try a lot), but this dress? Oh my goodness, I can’t take its fabulousness. (Check out the dress on the model in the store. It’s kind of remarkable how much better it looks on Jessica than on the model.)
- I did this to my nails last week – I’m not sure that this really qualifies as a blog post, but whatever. This Birchbox tutorial is awesome, and I totally did this to my nails last night. They are a pale pink/white (no where near as WHITE white as the presenter’s) with dots of neon watermelon pink, bright kelly green and dark gray. I like! (And if you still don’t get Birchbox, GET IT. For $10 a month, you get all kinds of amazing samples catered just to you.)