A number of fashion bloggers use their blog space to chronicle their outfits. I find these entires surprisingly entertaining. It’s like accepted voyeurism or something. Perhaps it’s because I love clothing and fashion mags and putting things together — who knows?
Snap, Crackle, Pop, against all odds, has become kind of a jewelry blog. When I started it, I didn’t have an Etsy shop or even make jewelry. I didn’t even think I could learn to make jewelry. And now … well, “pop culture” has become overtaken by sparklies.
Keeping in tradition with those What I Wore Today fashion blogs, I’m going to start one of my own features that focuses on what jewelry I wore on given days. It often strikes me that many pieces of jewelry have a story with them that tells something a little new and interesting about the wearer, and Lord knows I have a ridiculous amount of jewelry. Costume, real, silver, gold, gifts, buys for myself — I love it all.
I won’t do this every day, but hopefully a few times a week, I’ll upload a pic with a description. If after a few posts I get the feeling this is boring the crap out of you, I’ll stop.
But … let’s see how this goes shall we?
* * *
Yesterday, I appear to have been in a silvery mood, wouldn’t you say? All this went with a pair of black cords and a navy and black striped long-sleeved fitted and v-neck cotton shirt:
Clockwise from top right:
- Bangle snake watch. His face with the rhinestone eyes is on a hinge — lift it to get the time! Mom got this for me for Christmas this year.
- Avon clear rhinestone bracelet. This was a gift from the beau’s mom for Christmas this year.
- My right hand ring. (Totally a story here; you’ll get it later.)
- Totally cheap-o heart locket from Forever 21. (The paint on the back is scratched off to show the nasty brassy coloring beneath. That’s OK — I still like it.)
- White gold hoops. I think these were a gift from my parents for … my birthday? I’ve had them for years.
- Silver mystic topaz ring from Vegas. My friend Amanda and I found a jewelry store in one of the casino-malls that bragged “EVERYTHING 50 PERCENT OFF.” We all but ran in there. This might be one of three rings I walked away with …
What jewelry are you wearing today?