So here’s the deal on the lateness of this post: I received the One Lovely Blog award from the ladies over at East to West Bakers (THANK YOU!!!) last AUGUST. I kept meaning to follow through … completely forgot … and then remembered yesterday as I was catching up on my east-to-west baking.
My apologies for how late this is, but … Better late than never?
Now, the “rules” of winning: I share seven things about myself and pass the award on to nine other lovely bloggers. Here goes!
- I’m messy. Oh man, am I messy. Not like, pig-sty, mice-live-here messy. But whenever I go to clean up, I can always find something better to do. Like read. Usually, it’s read.
- I WILL go to Italy before I turn 30. If I have to go by myself when I’m 29, I will.
- I don’t want to birth children because my brother is autistic, but I don’t want to raise children for many, many reasons that have NOTHING to do with Joey. It’s shocking how that difference is lost on so many people.
- This is how deep the Steve King love goes: I want to own every book of his. Also, I don’t allow myself to read two King books in a row to make sure I stay well-read in things that are unKingly. I’m breaking that rule for the first time ever right now because I received so many King books for Christmas. (Finished “Bag of Bones” a few weeks ago, and have one story left in “Full Dark, No Stars.”)
- I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, and it’s the beau’s fault.
- I don’t think God’s responsible for the bad things that happen in life, but sometimes, enough good stuff happens that I have to wonder what his role is said good stuff, if he even has one.
- I’m currently wearing a ring that I find to be simultaneously hideous and adorable.
And now, on to my lovely bloggers!
- Stephanie, of Does This Baby Make Me Look Fat? Sure, she’s my bestie, but I really adore the blog. She started it when she found out she was preggo with her son, who is now two months old, so her out-of-town family and friends could keep up-to-date with her goings-on via blog post and/or photos. And she’s been so, so supportive of things on Snap, Crackle, Pop like Joey’s Auction and Jaclyn1423. (Ahem, go check out the current giveaway on her blog, yo.)
- Erin, of The Mother Load. I found Erin via Twitter, I believe, and quickly became consumed with her honesty and mad writing skillz. When I decided I wanted to host a giveaway a month throughout 2011 and asked if she’d help, she did me one better: She hooked me up with bloggers in her circle, and now I have blogs across the country willing to host Jaclyn1423 giveaways through November.
- Kate of Suburban Sweetheart. Kate and I met once, maybe. We went to the same college and both wrote for the student newspaper, but our tenures didn’t overlap. Our friends, however, did, and I count her among my friends, even if we became so via the interwebs. Her slice-of-life posts are witty, self-depreciating and fabulous.
- Amy at Thirty-Six Ten. Her blog is simple — most often photos with brief descriptions — but her handmade jewelry is so, so lovely, and I love to take a look.
- Wild Blueberry Ink. She picked up on Joey’s Hot Dogs right after they debuted as part of her blog’s Heart of Etsy feature that spotlights fundraisers and good-deeds of the handmade variety. My favorite thing about her blog? The photos, for sure. Her family is BEAUTIFUL.
- Sarah at The Crazy Baby Mama. I get so, so excited when Sarah posts a new blog. Oh boy, what fun! She’s crass and fabulous and, as her nameplate implies, enjoys oversharing. And now she’s in Israel. Here’s to keeping the sanity, Sarah.
- Jen, from Buried with Children. It has everything I look for in a blog: writing ability, wit, honesty. I found her over at The Red Dress Club and am very happy I did!
- Lindsay, from City Abyss. Lindsay’s a very good friend of mine, and she’s one of my favorite writers to read: She pulls off sass when anyone else would just sound bitchy. (Her most recent post on IUDs was descriptive enough to clamp my thighs together, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be pulling apart any time soon.)
- Amy at Ponder and Stitch — Not only are her cloth cuffs amazing, but her antique’ing finds (like this cabinet, this creamer and this little wooden box) are just stupendous. I’d love to take a glimpse in her house and see how she utilizes all her fabulous finds.
Now, happy blogs, go forth and lovely’ify!